Try these supplies to help your plants grow better!
Black Kow Organic Cow Manure
*Helpful tip: do not add manure to a seed starting mix – save it for more established plants!
This is a great natural solution if you want to add both nutrients and organic matter to your garden. Composted cow manure also has lots of beneficial microbes that will help to improve your soil. This mix will not burn plant roots, and it provides the following benefits:
- Improves sandy soil by helping to retain water and nutrients
- Speeds up drainage for clay soil to prevent root rot
- Helps grass, shrubs, and trees to grow in your landscape
- Provides nutrition for fruit and vegetable crops
- Builds the soil with organic material to feed plants naturally
You can buy Black Kow Organic Composted Cow Manure here.
Pro-Mix BX All Purpose Growing Mix
This soil mix contains high quality peat moss. It is great if you want a general purpose medium for your growing environment.
Mycorrhizal spores germinate in the growing medium and produce filaments which enter into root cells. This helps plant roots to access more water and nutrients in the soil.
ProMix’s BX General Purpose Mycorrhizae Plus Biofungicide offers these benefits:
- Better fertilizer uptake (reduces your costs)
- Higher stress resistance for plants (you will lose fewer plants)
- Larger root system
- More flower production
- Bigger plant size and yield
- Improved water uptake (better drought resistance)
- Faster seed germination
- Increased plant disease resistance
You can buy ProMix BX General Purpose Mycorrhizae Plus Biofungicide here.
This soil additive is pure high quality perlite (a volcanic glass). It is great if you want a general purpose water-holding medium for your seed starting mix.
Perlite helps to retain water and air in soil or seed starting mix, but it is best for plants that need good drainage (try vermiculite if you want soil to hold more water).
True Leaf Market’s perlite offers these benefits:
- Better soil drainage (to avoid soggy soil and root rot)
- Increased soil aeration (promotes healthier roots)
- Root insulation (protects against cold)
- Looser soil (less compaction)
- Non toxic (natural, sterile, odorless, neutral pH)
You can buy True Leaf Market’s perlite here.
Rubbermaid HDPE Lawn Cart (200 pound capacity)
Basic but helpful, this cart makes it much easier to move whatever you need around the garden.
You can tip it down completely to roll heavy stuff in (like rocks) or dump out soil, sand, compost, manure, weeds, or plants that you pruned/pulled.
The Rubbermaid Commercial 4.5 Cu. Ft. Roughneck Lawn Cart offers these benefits:
- Moves heavy loads quickly and easily (much more efficient than hand carry)
- Easy to lift and dump (sort of like a mini-wheelbarrow)
- There is a place for tools and a water bottle near the handle
- Holds 4.75 cubic feet (.127 m3) level capacity or 5.75 cubic feet (.16 m3) heaped capacity
You can buy the Rubbermaid Commercial 4.5 Cu. Ft. Roughneck Lawn Cart here.